- Went book shopping for books by five of our favorite authors (Chris Van Allsburg, Mercer Mayer, James Marshall, Dr. Seuss, and Cynthia Rylant)
- Read them everyday for 3 weeks.
- Wrote an essay about our upcoming event.
- Made place-mats with a paragraph about our author.
- Invited 3 classes and our parents.
- Decorated our room and woo-lah! (onomatopoeia)
Miguel's Dad and sisters stayed to read with kids who didn't have a parent who could come. Thanks so much!
Patience's Dad is a single father who is so supportive and sweet.
This is our cute principal, Mrs. Wilcox.
I added this trifold this year because we were writing it for Treasures.
This is last years placemat. I think I like it better.
This is a picture of the place-mat
This is their paragraph about an upcoming event.
For free copies of the place mat template, menu, prewrite, invitations go to my teachers pay teachers site. I hope you have as much fun as we did!